Holiday Survival Guide
It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle around this time of year. To help with the transition, we’ve put together 5 helpful tips to maintain a healthy balance during the holidays. In this season of giving, it’s important to remember to take the time you need for yourself in order to be the best version of you for your friends and family.
- Pick your top 2 or 3 favorite holiday treats and commit to having only those. We’ve all got our favorites. Pick yours and avoid any “accidental” snacking at the office potluck or family gathering. Consistency is key.
- Select 5 of your favorite fitness routines. Write down your 5 favorite exercises or fitness tips and place the list somewhere you’ll see it every day. When you need a blast of movement, perform your set of exercises for 30-seconds to 1-minute. We recommend planking, jumping jacks, high-knees, squats and sit ups.
- Keep the sugar off your veggies! ‘Tis the season of candied-this and glazed-that. Sugar has no place on your veggies – there’s plenty in your favorite treats! This year, find ways to make side-dishes that are both delicious and nutritious.
- Make and take time for yourself. Although spending time with family and friends is essential, it’s also important to set aside some time to yourself. Take 5-minutes to relax, take a deep breath and just be still. Try practicing deep breathing exercises when you feel stressed out. Take a quick walk around the block to get some fresh air. Remember your favorite fitness routine? Add in a few yoga poses, read a positive story, journal about what you love about the holidays or what you’re grateful for.
- Enlist a friend or family member to exercise with you. Walking and talking with a friend can be a great way to burn off calories and redirect your stress. Having a workout buddy is also a great way to stay accountable. You’ll be more likely to stick to your fitness routine if you have a scheduled time to workout and socialize. Our Aimmy Active Sneaker is perfect for light exercise for her and we know he’ll love our Tate Active Sneaker.
That’s it! These are our top 5 ways to help you stay on track with a healthy mindset as the holiday season approaches. Let us know in the comments what some of your favorite tips to staying healthy during the holidays are – we’d love to know!