4 Best Slip On Shoes
Many people believe the misconception that slip on sneakers can’t be stylish. With the limited options and boring designs of the past, this may have been true way back when.
But now? The slip on shoe market today is a whole different story.
For women in the workplace especially, there remains a prevailing belief that slip ons lack the elegance and professionalism of high heels. This outdated concept has no place in the fashion world these days—especially not when slip ons are increasingly stylish and versatile.
As for functionality, these shoes are comfortable, easy to put on, and provide ample support for long days of being on your feet. But some slip on shoes are going to look and feel better than others, starting with Vionic. If you want a balance of quality and style from your footwear, we’ve compiled a list of the four best slip on shoes for women on the market today.
#1 Dinora Slip On
What can we say about the Dinora Slip On by Vionic? The question should really be what can’t we say—because this slip resistant shoe truly has it all:
- Stylish prints – In 2021, everyone seems to be rocking the snake and crocodile prints. This stylish walking shoe comes in a variety of reptile patterns and trendy colors, ranging from golden chrome to muted cream (with just a hint of embossed crocodile print on the heel). If you’re looking for a comfortable shoe that can actually keep up with today’s trends, the Dinora is definitely the way to go.
- Height – If you’re looking for some added height without subjecting yourself to the treachery of a long day in high heels, the Dinora Slip On is a great option. This shoe comes with a thick platform of 1.12 inches, giving you that extra lift while remaining comfortable.
- Comfort – Speaking of comfortable, that’s basically the whole point of this design. On the outside of the shoe is a durable rubber sole that protects the feet, while the inside sports a removable EVA orthotic insert. Every aspect of this stylish slip on is designed to support the foot’s natural shape and make it even easier to get where you need to go.
Why you’ll love it: The Dinora Slip On combines fashion-forward patterns with traditional slip on comfort. When you wear these, you’ll get the height and style of a high heel, without the aches, pains, and blisters.
#2 Penelope Slip On Sneaker
For a shoe that’s a bit more muted and practical, the Penelope Slip On Sneaker is the perfect choice. Let’s take a look at what this shoe has to offer:
- Neutral colors – Not every occasion calls for the flashiness of a metallic crocodile print shoe. That’s why we offer the Penelope Slip On Sneaker in four neutral, yet stylish, colors: pale blush pink, light grey, sleek black, and soft cream.
- Two materials – The Penelope also comes in two unique materials: nubuck and leather. With the pink or grey options, you’ll get the velvety texture of nubuck—a sanded leather that’s similar to suede. On the other hand, the black and white options come in smooth, full-grain leather with an embossed crocodile or leopard print patch on the heel.
- Subtle paneling – Comfortable slip on shoes often come with paneling on either side of the tongue. These panels allow the slip resistant work shoe to expand, making it easier to insert your foot. Unfortunately, many slip ons have paneling that doesn’t match the overall color of the shoe, which is an unappealing distraction. The Penelope, however, has subtle panels that perfectly blend into the overall look of the shoe for a seamless style.
Why you’ll love it: The Penelope Slip On Sneaker perfectly embodies the best qualities of each part of its name. With the comfort and ease of a casual slip on and the style and durability of a sporty sneaker, you really can’t go wrong with this reliable shoe.
#3 Malibu Slip On
If you’re looking for a shoe that’s soft, stylish, and eco-friendly, the Malibu Slip On is going to be your best bet. This casual shoe has a lot to offer, from a variety of patterns to vegan-friendly materials and more:
- Variety of styles – The Malibu Slip On is by far one of our most diverse styles. This comfy shoe comes in a wide variety of patterns and colors, including aqua and white, citrine, lemons, navy and white, pale blush, pastel lilac, black canvas, and cream canvas. Whether you want a simple look, a pop of color, or a full-blown pattern, the Malibu has a style for everyone.
- Vegan materials – Unlike some of the other styles on this list, the Malibu is made from entirely vegan materials. The cotton-based canvas fabric creates a frayed look that pairs perfectly with any casual outfit. Even the bottom sole of this shoe is crafted from 80% rubber and 20% eco-friendly soybean compound.
Why you’ll love it: This comfortable, seamless shoe offers a unique look that many slip-ons can’t provide. With frayed edges, invisible paneling, and plenty of on-trend colors to choose from, these are the best slip-on walking shoes for women who “don’t really wear slip-ons.”
#4 Nalia Slip-On Sneaker
Slip-ons can be fashionable, but what about people who want something a little sportier? In this case, we recommend trying the Nalia Slip On Sneaker for size.
Here’s what this sleek, athletic shoe has to offer:
- Perfect for athletes – This shoe not only offers Vionic’s patented comfort, but it’s also equipped with unique active footwear features. Using Advanced Motion System technology, along with podiatrist-tested orthotics, this shoe offers flexible, lightweight support, making these the best slip-on sneakers for walking, running, or playing sports. The removable, mesh-covered EVA insert also blends seamlessly into the sneaker’s design, providing support that’s virtually invisible.
- Size options – The Nalia slip on is built for every foot. Not only does this shoe come in women’s sizes from 5 to 12, but it also can be purchased in two different width options: medium and wide.
- Stylish colors – The Nalia slip on comes in three stylish color blocks: varying shades of navy, grey, pink, or black and grey. Contrasting colors and fluid shapes give this shoe a design that’s anything but boring.
Why you’ll love it: The Nalia slip on can give you everything a regular sneaker can, only without the hassle of laces. This comfortable shoe is perfect for everything from intense exercise to low impact walking, and the stylish color blocks on the outside are just another added bonus.
There’s Something Special About Vionic Shoes
Some shoe companies put little effort into the style of their slip ons, while others forgo this essential category altogether—either way, they’re not giving you what you want or need in a quality slip on. With limited options, little support, and bland designs, it’s no surprise that the slip on market has been pushed to the wayside.
Here at Vionic, we’re determined to change people’s minds about slip on shoes. Our slip on styles range from simple to chic, depending on the look you want. If you don’t know how to wear slip on shoes, there are plenty of stylish ways to incorporate them into your daily wardrobe, from casual to sporty chic to upscale trendy.
Beyond the aesthetic elements, our shoes are also designed to provide a higher level of comfort and support. Every Vionic shoe is equipped with our patented biomedical footbed. The Vio-Motion design creates three-zone comfort, combining arch support, cushioning, and stability for a shoe that’s actually built for the human foot.
From slip ons to heels, and everything in between, Vionic has a comfortable shoe for any occasion. Stop sacrificing style for support (or vice versa) and shop comfortable shoes Vionic!